Makelele and Gallas have recovered from knocks picked up in the US tour match against AC Milan. Every player is fit, but Wayne Bridge will have to wait a little longer to complete his comeback.
Arsenal won’t miss Vieira as much as some people suggest. The lanky Frenchman’s form had been gradually dipping. The £13m they received for him was good business.
The match won’t be a ‘war’.
Frank Lampard will score his 50th goal for The Blues in a 2-1 victory.
Shaun Wright-Phillips will play a blinder.
Jose Mourinho will ‘break’ the Community/Charity/Comedy Shield ‘curse’.
There will be a period of silence immediately before the match to remember all the victims of the recent London bombings.
- Community Shield preview
- Everyone bar Bridge ready for Cardiff
- Crespo gunning for Arsenal
- Beware winning Community Shield
- Chelsea champions v FA Cup winners
- Arsenal will miss Vieira – Terry
- Mourinho’s mind is working overtime
- Arrogant? No way, Jose
- Chelsea are best, so where are rest?
- Mourinho: it will be far closer this time
- Crespo sets a 20-goal target
- Look no further than Chelsea
Chelsea 2 – 1 Arsenal · Match Reports
BBC Sport; Sky Sports; Guardian Unlimited; Daily Telegraph; The Independent; Official Chelsea FC Website; Sports Illustrated (AP); The Sun; The Times; The Scotsman; Blue and White Army.
- Drogba and Chelsea look even stronger
- Drogba relishing fight
- Chelsea v Arsenal player ratings
- Wenger bitter over Blues conduct
- Mourinho nod of approval for improved striker
- Jose: Not the upper hand
- Wenger is unimpressed by Chelsea
- Terry pleased with winning start